Microsoft and MakerBot have announced that MakerBot’s Replicator 2 3D printers will go on sale at several Microsoft Retail Store locations on the West Coast.
After working with several 3d printer manufacturers, including MakerBot, Microsoft added native 3D printer support to Windows 8.1 for it’s latest update. Microsoft are pushing to make 3D printing as easy as printing a document on a laser printer.
The Replicator 2 is MakerBot’s latest generation of 3D printer and are for sale on Microsoft’s online store for $2,549, which includes the MakerCare service plan.
The MakerBot printers were initially stocked at three Microsoft Stores, San Francisco, Seattle and Palo Alto, but the “MakerBot Experience” is being rolled out to 15 additional stores. The “MakerBot Experience” lets customers sample 3D printing with the Replicator 2 and are the only full line stores outside of MakerBot’s NYC store where you can buy a Replicator 2 and take it home the same day.
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Stores where you will find the MakerBot Experience.
- Scottsdale, AZ – Fashion Square
- Costa Mesa, CA – South Coast Plaza
- Mission Viejo, CA – The Shops at Mission Viejo
- Palo Alto, CA – Stanford Shopping Center
- San Diego, CA – Fashion Valley
- San Francisco, CA – Westfield San Francisco Centre
- Lone Tree, CO – Park Meadows Mall
- Danbury, CT – Danbury Fair Mall
- Atlanta, GA – Lenox Square
- Oak Brook, IL – Oakbrook Center
- Schaumburg, IL – Woodfield Mall
- Bloomington, MN – Mall of America
- Salem, NH – The Mall at Rockingham Park
- Bridgewater, NJ – Bridgewater Commons
- White Plains, NY – The Westchester
- Houston, TX – Houston Galleria
- McLean, VA – Tysons Corner Center
- Bellevue, WA – Bellevue Square