3D Systems have just launched their next generation of full color 3D printers, the ProJet x60. The x60 range raises the bar in accurately replicating the color of 3D models when they are 3D printed, as the top-of-the-line ProJet 860Pro can print 90% of the colors available in Adobe Photoshop.
There are six new 3D printers in the ProJet x60 range, several of which print in color using the new VisiJet PXL materials. The VisiJet PXL materials produce strong high-definition prints with excellent color accuracy.
“These exciting, next generation color printers embody 3D Systems’ commitment to democratize access to powerful and affordable 3D printing solutions for professionals, educators and consumers, alike,” said Michele Marchesan, Vice President and General Manager, Personal and Professional Printers for 3D Systems. “The new ProJet x60 series builds on our innovation heritage, leverages our expanded line of 3D content-to-print solutions and enables users to create more, faster.”
The ProJet x60 printers also feature faster printing, improved print mode options, better user convenience with mobile connectivity using tablet computers and smartphones, and more powerful coloring and file preparation software tools. The x60 Projet printers are built on the ZPrinter color printing platform which offers industry leading speed for full color 3D model printing.
The 3D Systems ProJet x60 range consists of six new 3D printers:
- ProJet 160 — compact size, most affordable monochrome printing – minimum features down to 0.4mm (0.016 inches)
- ProJet 260C– compact size, 64 color prints, most affordable full color 3D printer available – minimum features down to 0.4mm (0.016 inches)
- ProJet 360 — medium size, monochrome printing affordability – minimum features down to 0.15mm (0.006 inches)
- ProJet 460Plus — medium size, high-quality full color printing with high-quality CMY color capabilities
- ProJet 660Pro — large format, premium-quality full color printing with premium-quality CMYK color capabilities
- ProJet 860Pro — super-large format, premium-quality full color printing with premium-quality CMYK color capabilities – 90% of colors in Adobe Photoshop