Projet HD 3000 Plus - $5995
- Delivery: Local pickup, crate and ship at buyers expense
- City: San Jose
- State: California
- Country: United States
- Listed: February 2, 2020 4:49 pm
- Listed by: hv5bivxjuug
- Expires: 78 days, 16 hours
For sale is a 3D Systems ProJet HD 3000 Plus jet printer in excellent condition. The printer is fully functional and operational and performs great. We had purchased this from a previous company for our startup and unfortunately, our startup went belly up and we no longer can justify continued operational costs (material) for this machine.
Physics of 3D Systems multi-jet process has not changed much over the years as this machine can still print highly detailed and accurate prints as compared to 3D Systems current offering in the MJP 2500. Simply, newer technology allows a bit better resolution as well as faster print times. I can show parts we have printed to showcase the accurate fine features and detail this machine can produce. What we like about 3D Systems multi-jet process versus the Polyjet process is the support wax is gently melted away while Polyjet requires high pressure water jets to dissolve the support material potentially damaging fine features. We have been able to print parts in fine detail down in the sub-1mm range in clearances and wall sections; I can show you the parts! Caliper measurements have been 1:1 (no tolerance) against the 3D models for critical features and I’m sure, overall as well.
The support wax material and part build material can still be purchased through 3D Systems. The part build material is plenty strong and great for functional testing as well as we have used it for snap fits, drivetrains, leadscrews, gears etc. This machine has been modified to remove the RFID check for material which means you can reuse (refilled) cartridges, expired out of date material or even other materials you may want to try if you have the experience with it.
The best part about this machine is it is considered one of the most reliable machines 3D Systems has ever produced to date aside from their latest workhouse the MJP 2500. This printer is truly 3D printing for dummies as there is a zero-learning curve. There is still a large community using this printer to this day.
Some items to note:
- Modified to remove RFID material checking (no date or tube reuse checking)
- Revision B print head (better performance, more reliable)
- Extremely low print hours; total hours in use 7184.3 hours and total build hours 278.6 hours. In use means on (recommended to always leave on) and build hours is actual printing time.
- Curing lamp hours 23 hours.
- Have administrator rights to the onboard computer for remote diagnostics and custom configuration.
- Stage deviation ~5%. For best performance it is recommended to stay under 8%. I can show you how to service and maintain!
- Currently have 5 support part tubes and 3 build part tubes in the machine. When purchasing, they come in packages of 8 tubes. On average, support material to part material usage is 2:1.
The best part about this printer is the potential to upgrade. As we lost our funding, we had hopes to purchase a new printer from 3D Systems. 3D Systems had offered an $8000 trade in credit towards a newer MJP2500 (~$40K machine) or $5K credit towards a Figure 4 (~$20K machine). If you are familiar with the MJP2500, that is a good offer to consider if the need ever arises.
You may also be interested in these related items.
- Auction Items