- Delivery: Pickup Only
- City: Fountain Valley
- Zip/Postal Code: 92708
- State: California
- Country: United States
- Listed: December 19, 2016 12:22 pm
- Listed by: gdzm547ve48
- Expires: This ad has expired
Up for sale is a Stratasys 768 SST and the accessories that go with it. The fan on the front of the print head stopped working when some lint got tangled in it and overloaded the header. I can’t find any evidence of burn marks on the PCB however, so maybe someone with the right skills can fix it. Prior to this, it was throwing odd errors due to a dying hard drive. After installing a replacement, the errors seems to have gone away but then this happened. The new hard drive isn’t posting either, and Stratasys tech thinks it is a bad 5v/12v PSU that’s the culprit of both. Being the end of the tax year, my company has decided to get a new printer and liquidate this one. I have gotten a lot of good prints out of it since I bought it, but it needed better calibrations and a less humid environment. Since we bought it used, we replaced most of the key components including:
- New Print Head
- New Chamber Fans
- New Head Unit Fan (the giant side rotor)
- New OEM hard drive – not posting atm.
- Re-lubricated with Krytox Grease
- 1600w/2200VA – Backup Power Supply
These parts alone would have costed more than the entire machine if you had to go through official channels, not including the installation. Even if you ended up scrapping it for parts, you would be saving money compared to buying new OEM equipment. It probably still has a lot of life left in it, but it is still a used machine, and I do not advise this for someone who has no experience with 3D printers.
I will be including a CD with the necessary software, documentation, factory calibration files, and service manual (very helpful). I was also able to get Insight to work with it, which is much more powerful and flexible than the standard Catalyst slicer. You can even set it for 0.005” and 0.007” layer thickness, though I’ve only tried 0.007”. No surprise since this machine is almost identical to the Dimension Elite. If you get yourself a chip-writer from ebay, you can refill the ABS yourself and save a fortune.
All remaining consumables will be included, including a new unopened cartridge of soluble support ($260) manufactured recently. I also have 3kg of unopened ABS filament that is the same as their P430 ABS+, and a lot of reusable build trays. I just put in a new cartridge of ABS and it still has a lot of support left in the machine, but it’s absorbed some moisture and doesn’t work the best. A new cartridge should remedy it, but you can still get a lot of prints from it so long as you orientate the model correctly and use thicker layers. It also comes with a heavy duty wooden stand with locking casters and space underneath for supplies, much better than the official one.
Local pickup only as it is a beast of a machine and weighs 300lbs by itself (not including stand). I’ll walk you through the printer operations, its quirks, and basic troubleshooting. Be as thorough as you like before buying it, because once it leaves the premise, it is entirely your responsibility. You’ve been warned.
We are also selling the heated ultrasonic tank setup, which proved far superior to the standard wash station that just circulates hot water. It is a Crest CP2600 bought new, a smart outlet to work as a timer for when you run it permanently, a thermoregulator, and a 1500w bucket heater to get the water up to temp. I know that sounds Mad-Max, but it worked exceedingly well for getting what is essentially their $2000 heated model for much less. This way if the heater ever dies (they’ve been known to in ultrasonic tanks), it’s only $50 to replace.
In summary, included is:
- Stratasys 768 SST – AS IS
- 1600w UPS battery backup
- Custom rolling stand
- Almost full cartridge of ABS installed, ¾ full support installed (but may need replacing)
- Unopened cartridge of soluble support dated 2015.
- Box of used (but reusable) build trays
- 2 kg spool & 1 kg spool of off-label ABS+ with empty ABS cartridge if you wish to refill
- CD with software, files, and documentation
- Krytox GPL226 Hi-Temp Grease
- Misc. stuff like crossover & Ethernet cables, old parts we’ve replaced, spare parts, etc.
- PRICE: $3500 Or best offer
Ultrasonic Heater Setup:
- Crest CP2600 with non-official basket
- Dorkfood DSV Sous-Vide Temperature Controller
- WiOn Outdoor Wi-Fi Outlet
- 1500w Bucket Heater (wired to basket to prevent from touching floor)
- 3 bottles of support detergent & misc accessories
- PRICE: $1200 FIRM
Buy everything for $4500 total.
You may also be interested in these related items.
- Auction Items